Need help with a non-urgent medical or admin request? Contact us online.

Travel Clinic & Holiday Vaccinations

If you are travelling abroad and would like to book an appointment to assess whether vaccinations are needed, you must complete a travel risk assessment form.
Please complete the form by following the link below.
Or, you can collect a paper version of the form from reception and return this to the practice.
This form must be completed at least eight weeks before the holiday.
If sooner than 8 weeks from travel you will need to attend a private travel clinic.
Private travel clinics are run at several local pharmacies (e.g. Riverside, Delite, Boots, and Sharmans)

We have limited travel appointments at the practice. If these have been allocated, you should attend a private travel clinic. Please ask reception for immunisation records to take to the private travel clinic.

What happens after I submit the completed travel risk assessment form?
A receptionist will contact you to book a 10-minute telephone appointment with a practice nurse.
At this appointment, your itinerary will be assessed, and advice on safe travel and recommended vaccinations will be given.
The practice nurse will book a face-to-face appointment if and when any NHS vaccinations need to be administered.

NHS funded Vaccines

Please note only the following vaccines are available on NHS Prescriptions:-

  • Hepatitis A
  • Typhoid
  • Diphtheria
  • Tetanus
  • Polio
  • Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)

Please note that some vaccinations cannot be administered under the NHS and can only be obtained as a private vaccine from a private travel clinic. These include:

  • Hepatitis B
  • Rabies
  • Meningitis ACWY
  • Meningitis B
  • Yellow fever
  • Cholera
  • Tick-Borne Encephalitis
  • Malaria tablets

Healthy Travel Leaflet

You may find the following leaflet helpful when making your travel arrangements.

Advice on Malaria will be given.

Please download and print our useful guide below about Mosquito advice.

Excess quantities of regular repeat prescriptions

Under NHS legislation, the NHS ceases to have responsibility for people when they leave the United Kingdom. However, to ensure good patient care the following guidance is offered. People travelling to Europe should be advised to apply for a Global Health Insurance Card.

Medication required for a pre-existing condition should be provided in sufficient quantity to cover the journey and to allow the patient to obtain medical attention abroad. If the patient is returning within the timescale of their usual prescription, then this should be issued (the maximum duration of a prescription is recommended by the Care Trust to be two months, although it is recognised that prescription quantities are sometimes greater than this). Patients are entitled to carry prescribed medicines, even if originally classed as controlled drugs, for example, morphine sulphate tablets.

For longer visits abroad, the patient should be advised to register with a local doctor for continuing medication (this may need to be paid for by the patient).

General practitioners are not responsible for prescriptions of items required for conditions which may arise while travelling, for example travel sickness or diarrhoea. Patients should be advised to purchase these items from community pharmacies prior to travel.

Useful Links